Shower head and bathroom exhaust fan

Shower faucet. I have an old faucet in my stand up shower that pours tons of water on me when I shower. It's probably 15 years old. In another bathroom that was just remodeled, we installed the new water-saving faucets seem to just leak water. Any suggestions on faucets that allow me to be code compliant while at the same time retain my bathing luxury. Just don't like the idea of spending a lot of money on a bath remodel just to be peed upon by a faucet :-)

(2) Exhaust - This bathroom does not have an exhaust.. just an openable window. I want to install an exhaust. Can I just connect it to the the exhaust vent for the other bathroom or should this exhaust be vented to the outside separately?

Thanks

Reply to
Sunday4

swap showerheads?

perhaps you can find another like the old one in a place that sells rehab'ed stuff. go to a store that has a lot of heads already connected up so you can see they work. in my area, large plumbing supply houses (not home depot) have a booth with lots of heads set up that can be seen in operation.

no. you'll just be shoving the exhaust into the other bathroom. i've seen fans that can go in a window, but how are you going to get power to it safely though? it'd be better if you can put it away from the shower and have a seperate vent (wall or roof, whichever is easier).

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

Remove the showerhead from the pipe that comes out of the wall. Inside the fitting you should find a disk with a small hole in it. Remove it (it may be a press fit) and you should see several indents in it that can be knocked out to improve the water flow. If you want to use up lots of water for your personal bathing, don't put the disk back! If you want to increase the flow replace the disk with another hole punched out or the hole enlarged. Then replace the showerhead.

Reply to
Eric Tonks