Snow makes motion sensor turn on

wrote:

Any idea where I can buy a remote snow stopper? <lol>

X-10?
When I received and read my previous post, both sentences sounded sarcastic towards Edwin. Neither were meant to be.

Nah, I got a chuckle out of them.
replying to Edwin Pawlowski, Pigspen70 wrote: .. Ed ~ I LIKE Your answer ~ it is Accurate, Makes Sense, And to the point.

It sure did -- a decade ago. Sheesh.
Mike Ryan wrote:

My motion activated lights are reliable. They have a sensitiviy adjustment and yours should also. I turn them off when I don't want them on especially in the summer when they attract too many bugs.
Lawrence wrote:

it kinda depends on the area being monitored, I concluded that after lots of expermintation and finally trashing my detector lights
Mike Ryan wrote:

Mine will trip when wind gusts blow a nearby arborvitae shrub. Do you have something that may be blowing in the wind and tripping the light?
-Felder

Could be ants. There is even a song about it . . . .
"The ants are my friend are blowing in the wind . . . . "

imho:
My motion detectors get very sensitive in the cold whether. So I turn down all the sensitivity settings. Also, I use outdoor fluorescent light bulbs, so the electricity doen't cause me fret about them popping on now and then.
tom @ www.MedJobSite.com

You might try reading your directions. All sorts of useful information in there regarding setting the sensitivity controls, false triggering, reasons for false triggering, etc. If you notice, they come in all price ranges and features. But each one should function reasonably and not come on when a moth or snowflake flies past.
HTH.
Steve
WHAT?! Read the manual that came with a device??
--
Steve Barker

"Steve B" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:50:29 -0600, "Steve Barker"
You're right. That's not a good idea. Most manauls are written by communists or islamo-fascists.