Snow blower power ratings

10 and 12 HP machines were handling the same amount of the same type of snow quite well without overworking the machines. I know very well about taking small amounts but when you are trying to move snow from the foot of the drive that is 4 to 5 feet high, even small bites takes a lot of power. Having used snow blowers for about 40 years, I think that I have some idea on how to handle them and what to expect of them.

I just don't want to buy a pony when a real horse is what I need.

Reply to
Worn Out Retread

That is exactly what I want to avoid. Life already has enough hassles.

Reply to
Worn Out Retread

Buy a matched team of Clydes. Unlike horses you only need to feed an engine when you use it. There is no such thing as too much power, too much air under a wing, or too much fuel left in the tank.

Reply to
clare

You certainly are an intelligent one, aren't you?

Reply to
Twayne

Then why are you looking at 11.5 ft. lb models?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hi, My local Sears flyer over the week end listed several blowers with only torque ratings. Did not list HP ratings.

Reply to
Tony Hwang