Smoothing out Concrete

I poured a slab foundation for a metal building workshop that required nailing 2" x 2" strips to the perimeter of the slab to allow for the metal wall panels to rest on this stepped down area.

I inadvertently nailed this 2" x 2" strip to the area where I was to form a slope for a 10' roll up door. When I removed the strip in this sloped area it left a groove underneath the strip that runs the length of the slope.

By Slope I mean a ramped area just below the roll up door to avoid water from running into the building.

Is there a tool (Wire Wheel, Sander ) that I can use to "take down" some concrete and smooth out this slope ??

I would like to be able to create an even surface as should have been intended in the first place.

Thanks, Ray

Reply to
Ray

4 1/2" angle grinder, with a masonry blade.
Reply to
John Hines

I know of a few easy fixes, however none will last long. The problem being that, when you repair concrete in small pieces it breaks very easily. I sugest using a non-concrete material such as "Vi-Tex". It comes in bags as a powder that you add water to to make either a paste or batter. It dries incredibly fast and is very strong, also check for other products like floor levelers and such. Don't go to a Home Depot, or Lowes they won't have a clue, find a concrete or stucco specific dealer, they'll have several very good cobncrete fix materials. If you use the "Vi-Tex, set a form across the area, mix it as a kind of batter(like pancake batter) use a lot of bonder in the mix, (concrete bonder can be found at Home Depot or Lowes), also brush bonder onto the area before you apply the Vi-Tex, about a half hour before, and let it set a bit. Don't be stingy with the bonder either, use plenty. Pour the Vi-Tex into the form and concrete patch area and let iset for at least a day or two so it sets up good and strong, then strip your form, the form will probably want to stick to the Vi-Tex, so I would use plywood as a form it will rip apart from the patch rather than rip the patch from the slab. If your planing a drive to the building do it asap so the patch doesn't have a chance to crack and fall out and is held in place by the new concrete. Like I said this may only last a year or so but it's what I would try, I've been doing concrete and buildings for about 12 years now, I hope I helped.

Reply to
prodad3

Thank you all for your replies. Ray

Reply to