Smoke detectors, Ionization vs Photoelectric

[lots snipped]

New York has been mandating these "10 year" smoke detectors for a couple of years now (there was a phase in period to allow vendors to sell off the older ones).

Don't know how many other places have done this:

danny burstein

.. or the hard-wired units. Which I always thought were inferior - because - during power outages - people will be using their <more dangerous> portable heaters & such .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Our hard-wire detectors all have 9 volt backup batteries. They'll chirp if the battery is dead or removed.

Reply to
Turd Ferguson

The dual sensor units are Ionization & Photoelectric in one. No CO sensor. I always kept a CO detector separate from Smoke detectors. I have a First Alert CO detector w/digital readout that plugs into the wall and has a battery backup.

Reply to
Turd Ferguson

But they were 40 years ago.

Reply to
micky

On Tue, 01 Dec 2020 14:54:39 -0600, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

It's all Greek to me.

Reply to
Tekkie©

Its easy to forget and just leave the detector in place.

Reply to
Transition Zone