smoke detector delay - interconnected

Hi,

I was wondering if some one could recommend a few smoke detectors that are interconnected and are not very sensitive to thinks like steam or making toast. Since I need the detectors to work for two dwellings I was hoping to find ones that work on a delay such as 30 seconds to 1 minutes before the other detector starts to sound.

Thanks,

Carl

carlbernardi

Use photoelectric style smoke detectors. They are less prone to nuisance alarms from cooking and such. If you can't get them at a hardware store, try an electrical supply company. I don't know of any brand that has a delay.

Reply to
John Grabowski