Smoke Detector & Battery

This is hardly anything new to home repairmen. I put a "new" 9v battery in my smoke detector this morning. The detector started beeping off and on after awhile. That can't be. It has a "new" never used battery. The battery had 5.6 volts or so when I tested it. The detector worked fine after I put in a battery that tested at 9.5 vdc or so.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

The wife got me the other day on doorbell batteries. I was about to get a new doorbell as I had put in new batteries and told her that. So at her insistence I changed them again and she was right. It now works.

Reply to
invalid unparseable