Small engine carburettor

This season the Sears weed whacker (strimmer) now fails to run. (It started OK when taken from storage and ran OK for less than an hour's initial use.) I changed the diaphragm which was indeed stiff (3 years old) but now cannot start the motor. Is there a web site with useful trouble-shooting check lists?

Reply to
Don Phillipson

oil mixture is wrong or spark plug fouled pull plug clean and sea if spark when cranked over good luck!

Reply to
DIVERSIONWASTE

Thanks for advice. I put in a new spark plug last week (and changed the carb diaphragm yesterday.) That is why I asked for a steer to subtler troube-shooting.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Try this...bottom each needle valve moving 1/4 turn at-a-time, and note the number of turns for each. Use this as a reference for re- adjusting later. Remove both valves and spray WD-40 with a tube into each. This should clean the venturis. If you mess-up the valve adjustments, bottom them (lightly) and back them out 1 1/4 turns each. It should run from this point, but may need fine tuning. This is known as "a Polish Tune-up".

Reply to
pheeh.zero

Make that 1 to 1 1/8 turns on that back-out. (It's been awhile since I did it, and I am advanced in age, so beware! ; )

Reply to
pheeh.zero

Bob

Reply to