slow draining sink?

I have a sloooow draining bathroom sink. In the past, I've been able to seal off the overflow and then apply a plunger, and that would fix it, at least for a while.

This time, the plunger has no effect. I want to try one of the chemicals that you pour into the drain.

I've looked at Drano and Liquid Plumber at the store. Which of those

2 products might serve me best?

Or maybe there is a better product, that's commonly available at Home Depot or Lowes or etc?

Thank you Lee Carkenord

Reply to
Lee Carkenord

Hi, Disassemble stopper and P trap. Look at that dirty gunk build up! Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

A snake. Chemicals (corrosives) may help, may even clear it, but a snake removes the clog. You may want to open the trap and check it out to see if the clog is just a big hairball that you can pull out. I've take short cut, but nothing works better than a mechanical cleaning in the long run.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:xhU9d.12378$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com:

I have sturdy metal pipes, so I used pressurized air in a can. I bought it at the hardware store for about $8. Just a couple of short bursts and the drain was clear. A plunger didn't work and neither did a snake.

BE SURE YOUR PIPES CAN WITHSTAND THE PRESSURE.

Reply to
RobertPatrick