sliding patio door - open other side?

I just got a new dog-door panel for sliding glass door. I'd like to put it into the "stationary" side, not into the current opening side. This means getting the stationary side unhooked and unstuck. Has anyone tried this? From what I've read about unsticking the door, it may be that moving it toward center will put it into an unstable position (in position for removal).

Anyone try this, or have any thoughts?

THanks

Wendy

Reply to
Wendy

And then what, cut the glass or put in a piece of wood? Sounds a little strange.

Reply to
m Ransley