Skylink Wireless Alarm Systems

I'm looking to install a wireless alarm system in my house and was looking for options/opinions.

I saw this system and thought it would work nicely with a few additions (more window/door modules, extra keychain)

Does anyone have any experience with this brand/model?

Reply to
philly_ray

Homesecuritystore.com sells lots of name brand equipment like Ademco, DSC, Visonic, and GE. Why would you go for a no-name brand like Skylink?

Also, in addition to adding more window transmitters, consider adding wireless smoke alarms and connecting to their central station. At $8.95/month, you won't find a better monitoring bargain.

Don't be fooled into thinking that burglars are scared off by sirens?they aren't. They know they've got a good 5 minutes before a neighbor calls the police and another 3-5 minutes after they're called.

Your household insurance probably offers a discount on your policy that is more than half the cost of the monitoring.

Reply to
Rick-Meister