Sizing hidden sheetrock

Hi, list

I'm about done sanding the sheetrock in the basement room that I'm turning into a playroom. I'm going to finish it with a beadboard wainscoting (that stuff that comes in 4x8 sheets) to protect the lower walls against dings by the little people. The walls above 40 inches or so will be painted.

I know sheetrock must be sized before it is painted. But does the lower portion of the wall that will soon be covered by beadboard sheets need to be sized, too?

I had planned to leave all the painting until the last step.

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
MDixon1918

I would prime the whole thing.

Reply to
Dennis J Sunday

Sizing is done before wallpaper is put on. If you are going to paint then you would prime the wall. you do not need and primer behind the wainscoating.

Reply to
PAUL100

The covered part does not need primer.