Sisterin' them joists project update

Just wanted to thank ALL who responded to my joist sistering question. I have finished the project as of an hour or so ago. I used 2x8x16 DF, loctite 400 adhesive, and ledger LOC screws. I drove them in with my hugeantic Milwaukee right angle drill until the new Dewalt impact showed up in the mail this am. I put 1/4" washers on them, as they were being pulled into the DF excessively without them. I was able to jack each original joist up at least an inch before attaching the new sister. As a matter of fact the floor was so bowed, I couldn't get the sisters in position up on the ledger boards until i did jack the original up. The final result is a MUCH improved bounce situation upstairs now. I'm happy with the result.

Reply to
Steve Barker

^5. So, now, you'll brush-paint in between the joists? LOL.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

An inch is a lot. Maybe it would have been easier to get shoes with a wedge in them to match the pitch in the floor. Thanks for the update.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski