Sink fixture not apporved in my State - Suggestions

Eminently cynical. Also realistic.

Reply to
Doug Miller

So, how do you get the water from Massachusetts to, say, California?

Maybe in a box?

Reply to
HeyBub

Hadn't thought of that one, Rico -- at least a possibility. I had thought perhaps the faucet set came w/ it as a package being an import and all...

But, I'm still hung up on why a local showroom would stock something that can't be installed....that seems _most_ peculiar to me.

And, from what I saw at the web site for approved plumbing products, it appears that anything hooked up to a potable water pipe has to have an approval. I didn't try to pursue just what the regulations are as to what is on the checklist of hoops to jump through.

--

Reply to
dpb

Does it matter? Water flow regulators cost what - two pennies? They're easy to remove. Do you expect faucet manufacturers to ship different models to different states, so save two pennies per unit?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I mentioned it recently at a town board meeting and was met with a negative reaction. Not sure why.

Heh. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Maybe the OP could call the showroom and ask.

Nah. Never mind. That would make too much sense.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

:) Hey, it's usenet! We're not supposed to make much sense, are we?

--

Reply to
dpb

Maybe because a lot of people will install it anyway?

Just spend a weekend watching every house flipping show on TLC, A&E, HGTV, and watching "Holmes on Homes" on Discovery Home, and note how many times someone repairing something runs into plumbing, electrical, or worse that is totally against local codes. It's clear there are plenty of people willing to install pretty much anything!

Reply to
Tim Smith