Shower with a bureaucrat

As you may know, federal law prohibits selling, repairing, modifying, trafficking in, speaking of, or using a new shower head that actually delivers water in a form other than a light mist.

A company in Arizona has circumvented the federal regulations by concocting a replacement shower-head assembly containing THREE heads, each delivering the federal maximum. This results in a mostly acceptable shower.

Here's a story about this breakthrough invention:

According to the article, the ecofacists are in a dither over this flagrant affront to law, decency, and the will of those-who-know-best.

The story goes on to inform you how these 'water saving' shower heads work and how you can gain access to the actual part restricting the flow so that it can be removed and, of course, replaced should the part ever wear out or not adequately restrict water flow (nudge-nudge, wink-wink).

P.S. The best way to conserve a scarce resource is to let the marketplace price the product according to the laws of supply and demand. Inasmuch as most water systems are run by agencies of government, this concept is completely impossible to understand.

Reply to
HeyBub

I don't know what your problem is. My showerhead works fine.

By instituting conservation before a crisis, we have a better chance of having what we need without extreme costs. The concept of turning water into a profit item, subject to "management" like the energy crisis a few years ago, is not something we need in this country.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

The feds needs to be on this. This company could be a serious danger to the health & welfare of all of us. In their infinite wisdom they can modify the law, put this outfit out of business & save us.

So you read Fark too huh?

Reply to
3rd eye

I don't know these six things at all.

mm

No doubt installed before the Assault Weapons Ban and grandfathered in. But what about your grandchildren? Don't they deserve the same showers as you enjoy?

It is the government's "management" of the water supply that has generated the "crisis." The electrical "problems" in California a couple of years back were directly attributable to political interference in the marketplace.

It has rained for over 300 consecutive days in Seattle. Does anyone think they need to have water-conservation shower heads in that city? Especially when everyone in Seattle drinks designer water anyway. Including pets.

Reply to
HeyBub

Wrong. It's a modern showerhead. It works just fine. Who needs a firehose to wash their hair?

Wrong. It is well documented that the "crisis" was the direct result of manipulation by Enron and their ilk.

I believe we are at 25 or so days now - hardly 300. And Seattle "rain" wouldn't even be noticed by residents of most of the rest of the country. It's just a mist most of the time. I drink seattle water. It's about as good as you can get.

Rain now doesn't mean water in mid summer. It can mean the opposite, as rain in the mountains melts the snowpack that is critical in the summer water supply. It all depends on the temp.

Reply to
Bob

The news last night said 28 days, or 20-something. It said the record was Ketchican, Alaska, 103 or so.

mm