Shower temp adjustment

Not a big deal, really, but if it's an easy job, I'll go for it. Water temperature adjustment is 'jumpy' - by that I mean there is no way to get gradual changes in output. It always seems to over or undershoot what I want. The diverter is in the wall, not the spigot, with separate H/C knobs. I haven't tried replacing the washers as they shut off perfectly, but could they be the cause? TIA

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Easy's getting harder everyday

Reply to
PanHandler

Try replacing the packing around the faucet shafts. If there's any lateral wiggle, the adjustment will be quirky. While you're in there, you may as well replace the washers.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Thanks Joe I'll check them when I get home.

Reply to
PanHandler

Is it possible that you have a temperature regulating valve that has been installed with the hot and cold feed reversed. This will display the exact sympton you describe.

Mark

Reply to
Mark