Shower Surround Alternatives

My wife has this idea that she doesn't want any kind of tile or masonry in a new shower. Are there any other viable alternatives? She is thinking about some sort of mural that would be coated with a waterproof material. Is there such a thing? I'd think that with all of the new polymers out there that there could be. But I haven't a clue.

Reply to
Randy Mahoney

I few years ago when we redid our bathroom we were told of a corian type material that could be used in the shower, so that we didn't have to worry about tile and cleaning.

Reply to
FDR

- Randy Mahoney-

waterproof

- Nehmo ? Polyurethane would work. You could put it on thick and even embed coins, artwork, etc.

Reply to
Nehmo

Corian makes a variety of shower/tub surrounds that work very well.

Catherine Stinneford

Cultured marble and fiberglass are also common shower materials. Some come as kits and others are fully custom made by shower companies. Fiberglass can have images painted on or other artwork can be covered with a clear gel coat making it part of the material and completely waterproof.

PipeDown