Shower Heads

As I type this post, I'm in a hotel room at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. The shower has dual heads - one from the side wall and one overhead. These things put out a LOT of water. My question is, how do these very large shower heads meet the federal 2.5 GPM flow limit? The room was recently remodeled, so I'm sure the heads were not installed before the government decided how I should shower. I always modify mine at home to put out enough water to allow me to get the soap off, but I'm sure that Caesar's Palace does not remove their flow restricters.

Reply to
mcp6453

LSMFT wrote in news:sdNbp.4463$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe08.iad:

Yes there is. It's currently 2.5 gallons per minute for any single shower head. The new "Watersense" heads are choked down to 2.0 gpm, but it does not appear at this point that the 2.0 specification is actually mandatory. Yet.

They're currently after showerheads, not hot tubs. Give it time.

Reply to
Tegger

Hmmm, My understanding is the lake Mead is drying up.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

That says it all right there. Contrary to common belief, the Nevada Resort Hotel Association writes the laws, and not their employees, the politicians. So well, in fact that an employee cannot sue an employer even if gross negligence is involved in a workplace accident. I'm sure a small thing like water flow regulations are in the big bump under the rug somewhere.

My wife and I lived there over 100 years, and still have properties there. So, I do have a little knowledge.

SteveB

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Download the book $10

SteveB

LSMFT wrote in news:sdNbp.4463$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe08.iad:

Hot tubs don't have shower heads,the tub is kept filled and recycles the same water continuously.

All shower heads and hand held shower head sets sold in the United States contain a flow restrictor, also known as a flow controller, as required by the National Energy Act(1992) that limit water flow to 2.5 gallons per minute.

from answerbag.com; In 1992, the Environmental Protection Agency enacted the Energy Policy Act for "National efficiency standards and specifications for residential and commercial water-using fixtures and appliances," to include shower heads. This act stated that such fixtures may not use more than 2.5 gallons per minute (gpm) at a pressure of 80 pounds per square inch (psi).

I suspect that the hotels removed the flow restrictors from their shower heads,preferring to use(and pay for) more water in exchange for customer satisfaction. there's no law against that,just the SALE of (new)"high-flow" showerheads.

I improved the quality of my Incredible Head showerhead by drilling out slightly every other hole in the brass putput plate. That showerhead doesn't use a flow restrictor,it's internal passage is the limiter. The spray is not so needle-sharp,and it's narrow output cone means more water on your body and less on the walls and curtain.

Other showerhads have a much wider output cone and the water goes everywhere except on your body,a waste. But,YMMV.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

IIRC, Lincoln county rescinded prostitution. That is where the cat house was at Rainbow Canyon Road and Hwy 93/95 (Coyote Springs), but is gone now. There are none in Caliente or Pioche.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Well, they can just move their asses to the Midwest, then. And bring their jobs with them.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

LSMFT wrote in news:8rRbp.16354$% snipped-for-privacy@newsfe21.iad:

I cut back the flow for my showers,too,via the faucet. My Incredible Head showerhead is rated at 2 GPM.

why do you use a showerhead in a HOT TUB? they are for soaking,not bathing. or are you referring to a spa-type tub in your bathroom? and wouldn't you fill a tub or spa through the faucet/downspout? Those are not restricted.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

LSMFT wrote in news:fsRbp.16355$% snipped-for-privacy@newsfe21.iad:

the Great Lakes states and Canada passed a law prohibiting such a pipeline. Many years ago.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Reply to
Al Goar

Didn't you hear that a couple of years ago, an expert in the very old writings discovered that there had been a tiny little spelling error in one of the most important writings. The word was SUPPOSED to be "celebrate".

Reply to
Michael B

Or go screw yourself off the BYU basketball team. Where are all the liberals when you need them?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

the Great Lakes states and Canada passed a law prohibiting such a pipeline. Many years ago.

---------------------------

The bigger of the great lakes are low on water too.

The smaller of the great lakes are polluted.

Reply to
The Henchman

And we're driving up to the &bigcity. for the weekend, to shop at someone else's Gap[*] and sit in a hotel. ;-)

[*] Well, not the Gap. ;-)
Reply to
krw

I'm attempting to stay in a similar room. Do you have record of what room number you stayed in or which tower?

Thanks!

TJ

Reply to
thomas.a.brama

Room 666

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Bedroom.

Babel.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Room 101 (Everyone knows what's in there !)

Tower of London

Reply to
Retired