Shower Head Flow Rate

grey water is great if you intend on using it for watering and stuff, but there is an odor to it and make sure you never, never drink it, even by accident. i'd make sure you have a diff. color hose for it and even a sign above the spigot so others will know it's not well or city water.

mike..........

Reply to
JerseyMike

If you're system is really so far gone that you've needed to pump it three times, you don't have a septic system anymore, you've got a holding tank.

Reply to
Goedjn

and here's your problem. That's 15 minutes per shower (or am I misreading what you are saying). Take shorter showers. Two 5 minute showers = 20 gallons.

You are a good candidate for spending the money to convert to 1.6 gpf toilets.

Reply to
Marilyn & Bob

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:0GcOd.35543$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

I've done that!

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I'm not convinced yet that it is completely failed. We have had a number of homes with septic systems in both cold and warm climates. The problem started with heavy rains over several days which formed a lake in our backyard. The water had no place to go but down which sent it right down to the leach field. When the tank was pumped the first two times, the excess water from the drain field just poured back into the tank. Several hundred gallons of rainwater. With the field so saturated with water, the output from the tank really had no where to go. It may be though, and we are discussing the situation with the Country and contractors. Our options at this point are few (make that very expensive.)

Dick

Reply to
Dick

thats how ours works too. use more and you get nailed!

randy

Reply to
xrongor

I do not know where you live but, having to have your septic pumped three times since August suggests that your leach field has completely failed. I live in North Eastern North Carolina in the Dismal Swamp and have never had to pump that often except when the leach field started to go bad.

ChrisGW

Reply to
ChrisGW

Wow! I pay $32.00 for 2 thousand gallons a month. If I go beyond that it goes way up.

ChrisGW

Reply to
ChrisGW

How'd it work? You ever have a miserable thread and spend too long fighting with it? Had a leak when you put it back on?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

But does your high rate include charges for sewer service? Mine doesn't (yet).

Reply to
William W. Plummer

No. We live out in the county and have our own septic tanks.

ChrisGW

Reply to
ChrisGW

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:CoAOd.29355$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

Had no problems.(only did it once,though.) I used one of those $5 low-flow heads that output a narrow cone of water. The entire shower head is only maybe an inch in diameter,it came with a rubber gasket to seal against the pipe.You can hand-tighten it and no leaks.Or did you mean the original head? I torqued that back down pretty good. 8-)

I actually bought it in Beaverton,Oregon,at one of the local big-box stores,along with a low cost channellock pliers,while out there for a 2 week training class. And well worth it.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

You had to go to a two week training class to learn how to change shower heads?

LOL!

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor