Rate of Flow versus Pressure

As is utterly predictable, grab the nearest diversion when the polls look b ad.

"Donald Trump?s hair has mesmerized many observers since he began h is career in politics, but now the president?s own pride in his loc ks has prompted the US government to propose an easing of shower pressure s tandards.

The Trump administration proposed rule changes that would allow shower head s to boost water pressure, after Trump repeatedly complained that bathroom fixtures do not work to his liking.

The Department of Energy plan followed comments from Trump last month at a White House event on rolling back regulations. He said he believed water do es not come out fast enough from fixtures."

"The proposal would effectively allow shower fixtures to include multiple s hower heads that would get around the 2.5 gallon per minute standard Congre ss set in 1992, when Trump?s fellow Republican George HW Bush was p resident."

Any volunteers to fit a high pressure (heavy duty industrial) jet washer in his shower?

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

2.5 gallons/minute is probably about what our two showers give. That's about 9.5 litres/minute (US uses gallons which are 4/5 the size of UK ones). Our cold water tap in the kitchen, next to the main stop tap, gives about 13 litres/minute (measured as time to fill a 2-litre jug) and I imagine that the nozzles in the shower heads will restrict the flow rate a bit.

I presume if a US shower is driven from mains-pressure hot (and cold) water, and the mains happens to allow more than 2.5 USgall/min, a flow-rate restrictor has to be inserted in the head, where it will affect hot and cold water equally.

LOL.

Reply to
NY

I usually assume a litre is close enough to a US quart to make little real difference. That makes it 10 l/m.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google