Should water remain in bottom of GE washing machine after it's done?

replying to RichCountry, Wanda wrote: What is ?easter??

Reply to
Wanda

replying to nospamtodd, Aaron Coleman wrote: So how do you remove water from a balancing ring?

Reply to
Aaron Coleman

replying to ed, Wayne wrote: Manufacturers and designs vary. It's possible that it is meant to hold certain amount of water under the basket/tub. IF it were mine I would certainly inquire directly to GE support.

As an example, dishwashers almost always retain a certain amount of water in the sump to insure that the pump and seals remain lubricated with water.

Reply to
Wayne

replying to ed, Amanda wrote: I have the same problem, has anyone figured out a solution?

Reply to
Amanda

replying to Susette Fulco, Guest wrote: Is this suppose to be this way

Reply to
Guest

I’m told the water is left in the outer tub to keep the hose connections moist

Reply to
Rdex

I have standing water in the outer tub and smells trrrible

Reply to
Biden2020

ello, We just bought a new MAYTAG washing machine. After we ran it through a full cycle (with no clothes), I opened the top lid and moved the center agitator --and I heard the sloshing of water beneath the stainless steel tub. Do all washing machines leave standing water in the bottom beneath the tub??!! Shouldn't this drain out? Thanks

Reply to
DNICE