Should I.Q. test be a requirement for entry to a zoo?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/10/us/arizona-zoo-jaguar-attack/index.html
Do you think an I.Q. test should be administered before admittance to any zoo?
Andy

Nope, they wouldn’t have any customers if they did that.
On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 5:58:12 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:

ny

Are you saying you and I have low I.Q.s?
Andy
On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 6:24:00 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

any

Peeler is in the news.
A video of him and his buds.
:-)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kc488kgy2cdg6om/ABC%20News%20%E2%80%93%20Breaking %20News%2C%20Latest%20News%2C%20Headlines%20%26%20Videos.mp4?dl=0

Cant be him, its not raining.

No idea if you visit zoos or not. I don’t.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

It is not the IQ, but common sense that should be tested.

Just another example of possibly smart people doing stupid things. This article talks about a guy with a Piled High and Deep robbing credit unions. <https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-phd-robber-20190309-story.html
On 3/10/2019 9:22 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

He has a fancy degree but probably can only get a job flipping burgers. Of course, being really smart he won't get caught like the common criminals do.
On 3/10/19 10:01 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Apparently psychobabble degrees are awarded for participating.
Zoos should generally be phased out. We are awash with high-quality, high-definition videos that give a much better experience of what an animal species is and how it lives in the wild. And yes, the recent jaguar episode, along with the much worse Harambe incident at the Cincinnati Zoo three years ago, show that the general public is too stupid to be at zoos.
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 11 Mar 2019 08:47:59 +0000, Bod

Hey, I got a selfie picture with the snails at the Baltimore zoo. And I wasn't injured. I hope you're not including me in zoo-stupid.
On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 5:31:51 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The dope was on the news last night, lying. She said she "leaned over the barrier". I saw the pictures, that barrier is a good four feet plus away from the cage fence. She wasn't leaning over, she climbed over. On the plus side, she admitted she was responsible, but she said the zoo should make it impossible for someone like her to do this. Which, sadly, I guess is true. It just means people will be more removed from being able to be up close to the animals because there are some real dopes out there.
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net says...

In her case, it might be safer to put her in a cage and let the animals loose. It is just hard to protect people from doing stupid things.
On 3/12/2019 9:58 AM, trader_4 wrote:

It is rather obvious to 99.99% of us it is a barrier not to be crossed. You cross it, the consequences are on you.
On Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at 11:03:49 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The sad thing is these morons ruin it, at least to some extent, for the normal people. It looks like they designed the zoo that way so it would look less like a zoo or prison, where you could see the animals through open air in something that looks a little more natural. It would be easy to have a 7 ft high plexiglass wall instead of that low wall that you can see over and that looks more open and natural. That's probably what's coming or a 7 ft high fence thanks to the idiot.
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 12 Mar 2019 11:03:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski

At one zoo I went to, there was a sort of workman's closet, next to the hippopotamus area. 4 feet x 5 feet with no roof. The door was open so I went in.
The wall was 6 feet high. A few seconds later, the hippo put his chin over the wall. That was as much as he could do but it did startle me.
In Amsterdam, I almost killed a hippo. They sold cookies, not at a snack bar but separately on post, so it sure looked like it was for the animals. And I thought it was okay to give them to the hippo. I was tossing them and he was catching them, but one must have gone straight down the middle of his throat. He started submerging and coming up again, over and over. I was too stupid to a) look for help, b) do the Heimlich maneuver. After what seemed like 5 minutes, he stopped and seemed okay.
After two problem experiences, I stay away from the hippos now.