I tried to put up some shock fence to keep pets in the yard and
to keep other animals from coming into my yard and mateing with
or bothering my pets.
I ran the wire through holes drilled in PVC Sched 40 pipe.
This turned out to work extremly poorly. When it rained, I would
find burn marks from the wire, down the pipe to the ground.
Sometimes it would burn through the pipe or wire.
Many times when there was no perceivalbe moisture, I could touch
the PVC fence post and feel a very slight shock ( while standing
on carpet, but if I touched metal, it becase a bad shock.)
If someone can provide suggestions I would appreciate any help or
advice (except on the morality of using shock fence with pets.)