Setting Toilet

What do the pros use to set a toilet on a marble floor? I used plumbers putty and of course it leached into the marble.Getting ready to R&R stained tile and I know I can't set the toilet on the marble would really like to dot right. Frank

Reply to
ktech

The standard for 100 years was plaster of paris. Silicone caulk (clear or color) works too and doesn't stain. You can also use thin rubber shims and no filler.

This is one of those practices where everyone has a "favorite".

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

The toilet needs to be supported. Shims will be fine for the temporary installation. As another posted noted, the real fix is to use plaster of Paris because it sets hard and will support the weight. Caulk is not acceptable because it is flexible.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

I use plaster of paris. It's real easy and I always get good results.

Reply to
Mikepier