Self-Propelled Honda won't freewheel

My honda Harmony II 1 speed self propelled will not allow me to pull it backward. I have a brand new drive belt. Is there an ajustment, or is this a sign that some part is bad? Is there an on-line service manual for the mower? Thanks much. It is a real pain to have to pick it up to back up.

Reply to
Don

Don,

While I'm not familiar with your Harmony II Honda, you might want to browse around at

, checking out their parts list and diagrams on various Honda mowers.

I had a problem with my older (than your) Honda where one wheel wouldn't roll backwards - it turned out to be a ratchet assembly in a rear wheel had failed. I ordered the parts from Plano - quick delivery and no hassle.

Bob.

Reply to
Bob

pull the rear wheels off, clean and lube the gears and keys on the axle. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein