Sears Kenmore Fridge Not Cool!

Hi all, I came home today and discovered my 12 year old Kenmore fridge isn't cooling. This is a side by side model. Freezer is fine, fridge part has a bunch of condensation all over the food/shelves. I pulled the cover from the inside of the freezer to discover that the coils are frozen over. Is this normal? The only servicable part appears to be a defroster themostat, kindof looks like a blinker flasher fuse in a car. Might that be the problem? Any help would be great! Thanks! The Doctor

Reply to
The Doctor

Not normal. The defroster is a big clue. Next to check is the evaporator fan. You can get some troubleshooting steps at

Edwin Pawlowski

Hi, First thing to check is always fan and defrost timer.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi,

Kenmore is made by several different companies....model#?

All coils covered in white snow, 1/2 covered and 1/2 bare, snow or ice??

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid