sears garage door opener

the push button code remote that is place on my outside wall has quit, i thought it was just the battery, but i replaced it and still no power. any ideas? is it just plain shot?

thank you

Reply to
FH

I kept having problems with mine and found the battery contacts were corroded. I sanded them with a fingernail card and used petroleum jelly when installing the battery.

Hope this is your problem.

Frank

Reply to
Frank K.

thanks Frank, i went out just now ( night time ) and checked it, it looked just fine but i cleaned them anyway, but it still didn't work... i did notice though, that the keys lit up like it was getting juice, but when i entered the code, all the keys would flash for about 5 seconds and then quit. anyone know why they would all blink like that ?

Reply to
FH

Make sure your new battery is good. Take your remote off the outside and take it right under the opener and reprogram it. I can also reprogram mine by using the wall opener by my house door. Check your sheet that came with the opener. If you can't find it call the 800 number for instructions or for trouble shooting. They have helped me in the past. Sears openers are made by Chamberlain.

Reply to
Joe

thanks Joe, i'll try that idea tomorrow :-)

Reply to
FH

I forgot to say that you will probably have to reprogram it after you put the batteries in.

Frank

Reply to
Frank K.

____Reply Separator_____

I thought they were made by Chamberlain Lift-Master.

A quick search at a garage door opener parts company showed the same parts fit

1984 thru current chain drive openers made by Liftmaster, Chamberlain, Sears Craftsman, Wayne Dolton, Master Mechanic. How's this possible unless they're all made by one company and sold under different name?
Reply to
TOM KAN PA

This brand does not lose the code when changing the battery because the code is stored in the motor unit and not in the keypad. Some of the Genie ones will lose the code when the battery is removed because the code is stored in the keypad. It does sound like his keypad simply needs to be reprogrammed.

Doordoc

Reply to
Doordoc

Company name: Chamberlain Group Inc Now you know why they are the world's largest garage door opener mfg.

Doordoc

Doordoc

When I reprogrammed my key pad I had to remove it and hold it close to the opener. apparently the radio waves were weakened or were being blocked by bricks. My unit is only 3 months old and is top of the line.

Reply to
Joe

My new opener (about as old as yours) can be reprogrammed with the key pad still located at the door - BUT the new code will be limited to a specific number of uses. If you want to fully reprogram the code you have to either have a second person to operate the button on the motor or remove the key pad so that you can do it alone.

Reply to
nospam