Screw extractor

can be just as dangerous. A loose wheel will wobble and become unbalanced, and this can cause stress to the wheel studs, among other issues. The wobbling can eventually loosen all of the lug nuts until they fall off completely, at which point there would be nothing holding the entire wheel on the vehicle. This can obviously lead to catastrophic circumstances while driving.

over tightening lug nuts can warp a rotor or

I've had lugs come loose. And more than once when a wheel fell off. Each time due to improper torque. One time due to failure to recheck torque on an aluminum wheel after 25, and then after 50 miles of driving. So, yes, I know that lug torque and torque recheck are both important.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've fired customers, on a couple occasions. One was a guy who was verbally and orally abusive. Other was a place that had a master key system. The guy wanted me to use the master key chart that earlier locksmith had written. I met the other guy once, he was so proud of his computer program. Anyhow, I could tell which keys worked each other locks. Mentioned it, the customer found I was correct, but "we'll just hope no one notices". I fired him at that point.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How much longer are you going to feed this troll ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Until I get bored of him.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

There are plenty of reasons to fire a customer. Anyone demanding a price break that is unreasonable for starter. Just walk away. We gave up a million dollar account for that reason. One of our competitors took the work though. Filed for Chapter 11 a year later.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I can't quote the source, some thing told me in person. There is a plastic factory some where in NYS, they got a low bid from Walmart, to make a million or so items. The bid was so low, they would not have stayed in business. They declined, as I remember hearing told.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If he asked you to do X, it's not your fault if it breaks because he got you to do it that way. What kind of childish legal system do you have over there? The rule appears to be anybody can blame anybody but themselves, you lot are truly pathetic.

Verbally AND orally. What both? Er.... pssst.... they're the same. And neither matters.

Why?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I originally said "never throw away a PAYING customer. Paying clearly means making you money. DOH!

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Paying only means the customer pays the invoice.

Whether or not there is profit is another matter, you dumb Psittacidae. ;-)

Reply to
Sum Ting Wong

A final tighten, or a final check?

If they have the impact wrench set low enough, and then they add some torque with the torque wrench, seems to me that is the ideal way to do it.

But usually I see them put them on with the air tool and check with the torque wrench. That proves it had at least enough torque, but doesn't prove there isn't too much. You would have to loosen and retighten, and I've never seen that happen.

Here's a good article from an interesting site:

TimR

Or this.

Reply to
TimR

Your responses just keep getting stupider and stupider.

I may get bored with you sooner than I thought.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

As I said before, there are reasons to throw away a paying customer, even if they are "making you money". BTDT

Steve pays me well. Steve treats me with respect. I'm happy to have Steve as a client. I might even give Steve a discount.

Bob pays me well. Bob treats me like crap. Bye Bye Bob. I don't need Bob's money badly enough to put up with his attitude.

It's obvious that you don't mind being crapped on...you keep coming back here.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

What part of my reply confused you? A paying customer tells you to do something, despite you telling him it's dangerous. How the hell can that possibly be your fault? You have warned him of the dangers and he has accepted them.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Depends if you have a customer to replace Bob.

I enjoy correcting fools.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Surely the air tool can be set precisely?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

That was implied you f****it.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Nebraska adopts the National Electrical Code as state law every three years. That's how often the code is revised. People can't agree to break the law so any agreement to do so is void. I think that's how it works. I look at a site called overlawyered.com now and then. It has some examples of our finely tuned legal system.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

What part of my reply couldn't you read? I said your responses were *stupid* not confusing.

Stupider and stupider.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

BS. I have enough clients to not need to replace *any* of the Bob's that don't fit my business model. That model includes treating me with same level of respect that I treat them. If I didn't treat them with respect, I would expect them to fire me.

That's the benefit of not living Bob to Bob...I have some cushion. That happens when you are good at what you do, something you apparently aren't. "Keep crapping on me because I can't afford to lose you as a client." Man, that must really suck.

BTW...I don't respect you, so feel free to fire me at any time.

And they say that people that talk to themselves are crazy. Imagine that!

Reply to
DerbyDad03