screening under deck

Hi,

Deck height: 12 Feet Deck size: 12 x 12 Cement Pad 13 x 13 Dry Deck installed (rain coming at an angle does defeat the purpose)

Goal: Provide shelter from rain and pesky bugs.

Plan: - Building frame for 2 feet up from cement to be finished with Cedar lapsiding on the outside & pressure treated Carbox siding on the inside.

The Question: What would you recommend in using for the backing for the Cedar Lapsiding? The lower framing has enough nailing surface to do the Cedar Lapsiding by itself.

I was thinking about going with Pressure treated Plywood (4 x 8 sheet) as the backing then nailing the Cedar Lapsiding unto it. On the inside, the plan was to just nail the PT Carbox siding directly unto the PT studs.

Note: I know that the walls won't be weather proof, because I will only be simple screens built unto the framing. There won't be any actual windows.

Thanks!

Reply to
DJ