Satellite Dish Removal?

Yes same thing. And Satellite is quite fast.

For best and more info, ask the locals on alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb or rec.video.satellite.tvro

Reply to
Bill

snipped-for-privacy@notmail.com wrote: : Thanks for the additional info. I am looking at it now. One : question: Isn't MPEG-2 the same thing as MP3 (or would this be MP2? : I used to download MPEG computer movies. Maybe they are still out : there for download, but I dont sownload much anymore with all the : viruses. Is this just a coincidence, or is this the same thing? If : it is the same, those satellite signals must be one heck of a lot : faster than the computer takes to download.

No, mpeg-2 is video compression and mp3 is audio. mpeg2 is the compression format used for dvds. The files you downloaded may or may not have been mpeg2.

: :>More "free satellite TV" info... :>

:>

:>> >Post to... :>> >rec.video.satellite.tvro :>> >-and- :>> >alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb :>> >

:>> >But before you get rid of it... :>> >

:>> >Free Satellite TV... :>> >

:>> >New mpeg digital receivers to get the Free TV... :>> >

:>>

:>> OK, I looked at these websites. I see on one a whole list of :>> satellite channels. On the other I see a bunch of equipment, :>> including DVD stuff. Could you please explain what is needed to get :>> this free tv, besides the dish itself. :>>

:>>

:>

Reply to
kmy

This was years ago, and back then, they were just called Mpeg.

Reply to
evolie

:>

:>No, mpeg-2 is video compression and mp3 is audio. mpeg2 is the compression :>format used for dvds. The files you downloaded may or may not have been :>mpeg2. :>

: This was years ago, and back then, they were just called Mpeg.

That was mpeg1 which is vhs quality, more info available at

kmy

Small nuclear device!

Reply to
R.Smyth

I just got rid of one of those myself, it was filling up the back yard of our 1908 handyman special.

At least in our case, the dish was owned, not leased from the satellite service. That was pretty common with the full-sized dishes. So we were free to get rid of it as we pleased.

In my case, the whole thing was bolted together with stainless bolts, mostly quarter inch, some half inch, and two big one inch bolts on the pivots. So I just spent an hour with a socket wrench and had it in a pile of pieces all small enough to fit in garbage cans if I'd wanted to do it that way. Instead, the junk hauler who was getting rid of some remodeling debris took the dish parts, too.

Before tearing it apart, it did briefly occur to me that if I turned it upside-down, it would be plenty strong for the roof of a gazebo....

Reply to
Joshua Putnam