Samsung microwave trips

I renovated my kitchen and the microwave used to trip the GI outlet. I called the contractor who did the wiring and he did something and said "the GI outlet will never trip again". he bypassed the GI trip outlet and directly connected the microwave socket to the wire some how. Now the GI outlet does not trip but the microwave trips. It can run for max

5 minute and then it shuts down for another 10-15 minutes. what could be the problem? what can I do? We just redid the walls, electric work, and the kitchen is new. It will be a big disaster if we have to remove the cabinets and tear down the walls. The mirowave is above the stove and the microwave is plugged into an outlet box which is new and the wire comes out of the wall into the cabinet.
Reply to
Shivani

The outlet for the microwave should be a dedicated circuit and not on a GFCI, when you say the microwave trips, are you talking about the circuit breaker or something on the appliance? Without knowing any details, it sounds like the circuit for the microwave may be shared with other things. Often inexperienced kitchen renovators use and existing cable that formerly fed an exhaust hood, for the above the range microwave. That circuit would have been on a lighting circuit and shared with a number of lights and possibly outlets in other rooms, but certainly not designed for a microwave

Reply to
RBM