Sampo 34" CRT - Turns itself off every now + again...

Hi, quick question. I have on of these, Sampo SME-23DV3.

It shuts off after an hour, so I need to just turn it back on. Then it turns off after 10 mins, so I turn it back on. Then 5 mins, etc, until it doesn't boot. I have just heard that the PCB "just needs to be resoldered, since it's an old monitor". Has anyone else heard of this? He said that a TV repairman fixed two of his big CRTs for $15 each.

Thanks, D

Reply to
<dontspam

off after 10 mins, so I turn it back on. Then 5 mins, etc, until it doesn&#39;t boot. I have just heard that the PCB "just needs to be resoldered, since it&#39;s an old monitor". Has anyone else heard of this? He said that a TV repairman fixed two of his big CRTs for $15 each.

Hi, Couple possibilities. Definitely it is heat related. First I&#39;d unplug the set wait 1 mins. or so then vacuum it out or you can blow dust off whichever is convenient for you. Or you have cracked or loose solder/connector on the PCB which is acting up on heat specially around power supply area. Do you know how to use cold spray to flush out trouble spot on PCB? If not sure, let a tech take care of it. In my house CRT based TVs, computer monitors are long gone. Takes less power, less space, look nicer. Good luck, Tony, VE6CGX

Reply to
Tony Hwang