As we get further into repairs after renters, looking for very *general*
rate info on some items. We know the rates vary but if anyone can tell us
what they paid (and area you generally live in) we'd appreciate it. If you
happen to be in Norfolk area, thats us.
- Outets, 2 prong (some of house is 3 prng with new GFCI switches). Replace
with 3 prong. Looking at price for 3-5 of them, then a second idea if we
want to do 27 of them.
- Light switch, pulled from wall, needs new box and mounting. Wall not
severely damaged but old bolt holes stripped
- Light switch with short in kitchen over sink (jiggle it and it comes on
but only when 50% of the way between on and off (we have it off and do not
touch it) (caused by stupid renters putting 100W bulb in a 60W unit we
think). Can get new light for the spot easy and have it there for
replacement if needed.
- replace 2 ceiling fan/lights with new units (ceiling joist/box is fine and
- completely replace and rewire 3 outlets in enclosed porch, walls will be
down and inulation and drywall installed after the electrical is done.
Looking at the bare studs and outer wall at the time of the work. These were
already wired but the water damage was signficant.
I know some of you can easily do this yourselves, but while my husband and I
are pretty handy (and quite handy with some things), electrical isnt
something we are comfortable with. Wed rather pay and *know*
it was done
right and safely as well as to code.