Roofing granules source?

Where can I buy mineral roofing granules like the kind used on asphalt shingles?

Thanks

Reply to
Techguy

Any good commercial supply house will carry a few basic colors. A good roofer uses it to sprinkle on the hot tar that oozes at the edge of the modified bitumen sheets.

Reply to
DanG

Aquarium store.

Reply to
Goedjn

My understanding is that most of it is mined by GAF in Belle Mead, NJ

40deg27.09m N., 74deg42m W., just north of Princeton. Sourland Mountain, 'tis called. J
Reply to
barry

What? No Google Earth flyby with an icon and contact information?! ;)

RicodJour

Not sure what you need them for or how much you need, but if it's to cover small spots on your existing shingle roof you can usually find a small amount in your gutters. If you find a large amount, clean your gutters more often and/or start thinking about a new roof.

RicodJour