Roof with three layers of shingles - dangerous?

On 6/25/2017 8:49 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Can I assume he walked for more than just one cracked tile?
If the house is a money pit, the inspection is good investment. Few houses are pefect and a potential buyer can be put off of a reallly good buy over something simple if they don't understand the report.
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 9:14:21 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

He bought the house with the cracked tile. It was the one with the pool (and a ton of other pretty major issues) that he walked away from. I agreed with his choice. He wanted a house that he could spend money upgrading, not just fixing. He got what he wanted and spent his money on tools (miter saw, table saw, etc.) and now sends me pictures of the things he's making to make an already sound house fun to live in. A day-bed for the patio, a dog-crate end-table, a patio table from an old whisky barrel, etc.
http://i.imgur.com/Xqsaofb.jpg
And of course, he needs time for his boat.
On 6/25/2017 10:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I like that. Does it still have the whisky in it?
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 10:41:55 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

No, but he can't use it for storage or a cooler because of the charred wood on the inside. He likes the look and is trying figure out what kind of sealer will "clean it up" but leave the look.
On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 8:14:06 AM UTC-4, uglyhouse101 wrote:

I doubt any home inspector is going to come out 9 years after the inspection was done.
I wouldn't be surprised if the inspector (and his gerbils) have retired to Florida by now.
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 8:31:27 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

That's for sure. IDK if you could get them to come back out after just a few months to explain what you are seeing. I suppose if you raise a big stink, they might, but they aren't in the business of hand holding.