Roof Tiles

In the West at least, Monier tiles are considered the best. We have had them on three homes, including the one we live in. They have a factory in Phoenix. Maybe that's the only one. We had a serious hail storm in 1999, and EVERY asphalt shingle roof in the area had to be replaced. Hail was the size of tennis balls. Thousands of cars were severely damaged. We had four little corner chips broken. Couldn't even see it from the ground, but the insurance company paid to replace the four tiles. Can't say enough good about the Monier brand. They come in many shapes. We prefer the flat type that look like shingles, but our current house has the Spanish tiles. Bought it used so no choice.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Is there a website that evaluates and rates various concrete roofing tiles such as Eagle Tiles and Bartiles?

Does anybody have an opinion as to quality and value?

Reply to
Don Bouchard