Rewire 220v to 110v Color question

Doesn't meet letter of the code, but I'd not hesitate to do so, myself. If certainly meets everything but the color and the electrons don't know the difference. The marking needs to be substantial enough so as to be relied upon for staying there.

My personal opinion on it is that it is old work, not new and there's no inspector I've ever seen who wouldn't make reasonable allowance for that...

Others opinions/choices/etc., may differ of course...

Reply to
dpb

I think I'd check with the inspector before making assumptions about what he would or would not find acceptable.

Reply to
Doug Miller

What have you lost? 5 minutes and a couple pieces of green tape or a dab of paint. :)

As noted, w/ old work and done in a workmanlike way, I've not run across an inspector who would require pulling a new cable simply for the sake of running new cable...

Reply to
dpb

Considering that the conductor we are talking about is non-current carrying it seems practical.

Reply to
John Grabowski