Replacing the filter on a Craftsman 5 Gallon Clean 'N' Carry Wet/Dry Vac.

There was a change in the way filters mounted and there were conversion kits sold. I looked up your model number and it showed the "wingnut" mounting. Yours is much older?

Reply to
krw

Your closing question mark has me confused. Are you saying I can convert mine to the wingnut mounting? Or is the wingnut mounting the older type?

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
David Farber

Sorry. The wingnut mounting is a newer type (where "newer" ~ 20 years). The docs for the number you listed show the wingnut, so I don't know what that's about.

There was a conversion kit from the older type (don't know what it was) to the wingnut style. If you have an old vacuum, the kit might still be available. Parts for your vacuum, in some form, should be available, anyway. There were millions of these things made.

Reply to
krw

Maybe next time you think of buying something from Sears you will remember this debacle and go somewhere else to spend your money. Sears has been on the downhill slide for many years. Kmart may be successful at putting them out of their misery.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

While I agree with your sentiments WRT Sears, there are a ton of these shop vacs running around. I have one (from 20ish years ago), too. They won't get any more of my money (or shopping time), but I do have some of their junk.

Reply to
krw

My 40 yr old vac died about 10 years ago. I still have the tools that came with it - even the wide brush with the two small wheels. Yeah, they had wheels back then. The OEM plastic wheels broke many moons ago so now I have shiny aluminum wheels now!

The only time I go back to Sears is to have a broken tool replaced. Don't get me started on their replacement bait and switch tactics. I bought the "industrial" or "professional" or whatever tool way back when and paid extra for it. It fails but they quit making that tool years ago and replaced it with the new and improved "Super-Duper" series and they try to make me settle for their current standard crap because I didn't buy the "Super-Duper" stuff! Now, see what you've done, now you got me all pissed off about Searz... Aw, crap!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Why would Kmart want to do that? It owns Sears.

Reply to
dadiOH

Precisely my point. By the time Kmart strips away anything they believe is worth keeping, like the tools, the rest will be used as a write-off.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Huh? They recently built a "Grand" Sears here. Must be 5 acres. Too large IMO.

Reply to
JimT