Replacing sill cover on Anderson Narroline double hung window

I need to replace the sill cover on a Anderson 1989 Narroline double hung window. Maybe the sill also. Does anyone know if the sill covers available and how to do the replacement. Thanks.

Reply to
Warren Cope

I imagine an Anderson dealer would know if they are available. They may even know how to replace it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Maybe this will help:

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

IIUC, nothing there. So what does that mean? Are sill covers something they make on the spot, from a long roll, or is that only outside sills?

Does it mean one takes out the sill and cuts a piece of wood to go in it's place?

How does a sill cover get ruined in the first place? It's aluminum? Doesn't rust? What?

Reply to
micky

replying to micky, Warren Cope wrote: Hail will break them, because they are vinyl. I didn't see them at the Anderson window parts site. Most dealers don't have a clue, but they can sell you a window.

Reply to
Warren Cope

Warren Cope posted for all of us...

Did you look up their phone number and call? I have a friend who had a faulty French door and the replaced it with one phone call, without cost to him.

Reply to
Tekkie®