Replacing Insulated glass.

We have found what appreas to be three pellet holes in the insulated glass in front of our home. Unfortunately we do not have glass insurance and I need to have he windows replaced. I am looking for recommendations and/or advise about replacing the glass myself. Also what will I need to pay for two panels about 30 inches by 48 inches? I am not planning to replace the glass with anything exotic, just standard double pain glass. What would be considered a fair price to have it replaces professionally?

Reply to
Buckwheat

Locally theres a window company, you talke the sealed glass and frame in the early AM, and pick it up late afternoon.

they are experts at taking apart the window and frame, with age the screws stick and rust, dis similiar metals corrode.

I had one done recently about 80 bucks for roughly your size.

Pittsburgh window and door millvale pa.

No doubt your area has a similiar business

figure several times more for a pro to come to you, measure, order units, then return and install. frequently a new window is cheaper than a pro repair

Reply to
hallerb