Replacing copper main line

I bought a house (for rental) that has had the main water line "removed". It was broken where it comes out of the ground and then it was pulled out of a Tee. The missing T connection faces down.

It's been a while since I soldered any copper, although I did braze up some solar collectors a year ago.

I have some concerns about that T, it just looks like it was pulled out but it doesn't look deformed. I'm not sure how that can happen.

I'm thinking of soldering in a short piece of copper and using shark bite connectors to run CPVC or PVC.

Recommendations?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

I would just dig and replace the entire run with PEX in conduit......

so your home is never a target for copper thieves.

whats left of the existing copper line may fail at any time... best to be gone with it, take it to the scrap yard:) $$$$

Reply to
hallerb

It's not clear to me where the copper begins and ends. If it's just a short section and a fitting that are missing and the rest is copper, I'd normally just do it with copper. But since it sounds like the copper is exposed and potentially open to theft, then I might transition to CPVC and use that with glue fittings as needed. I take it this isn't subject to freezing?

Reply to
trader4

Sounds like this "boston area" refurb might almost be more work than it's worth. Did the theives pull all of the wiring out of the place too? Might be better to rent it out as is for use as a chicken coop.

Reply to
clare