replace floorboard

I have a small landing area right next to my back door that measures only about 3x4 feet. I pulled the small piece of carpet which revealed vinyl tile. The problem is that the area reeks of dog urine as apparently the previous owner was never around to let the dog out and it always pissed next to the door.

I think I need to replace the piece of plywood underneath the vinyl tile.

I'm just looking for any tips or obvious things I should know about doing this. I'm a newbie and really have no clue. Any techniques you recommend for prying the board off?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Just rip it out.

Use a claw hammer to get any remaining nails out (if its nailed down of course). Clear the mess up and then replace the wood.

Thats it.

Reply to
Gavsta

Thanks. Just needed a sanity check.

Reply to
Mike

Heh,

No problem, I had to do the same sort of job last year. Spent half a day dithering about andf then just went for it.

No worries!

Reply to
Gavsta