Repairing partial hardwood floor

My wife and I are in the process of buying a house. During the home inspection we noticed that the current owners, while trying to move some heavy furniture down the stairs, put a pretty deep gouge in two planks of the hardwood floor in the foyer and knocked a pretty sizable hole in the wall. We've obviously asked the homeowners to fix these two problems, but if they refuse, then we'll most likely ask for money back at settlement to cover the cost of repairs. Although I can handle the hole in the wall the floor is a different story. Can anyone give me a good estimate of how much it would cost to replace just the two planks? Can you place just the two or would it be better to replace the whole floor? Is it easy enough to do or would hiring a flooring company be better? Any ideas of cost of hiring a flooring company?

Thanks, Harry

Reply to
HLamlin

yellow pages. flooring section. call a few and ask.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer