Repairing Chain Link Fence

I have a number of sections of chain link fence where invasive trees have b een allowed to grow and have blended with the chain link.
I have cut down the trees above the fence and cut them off below the chain link. The only practical way of getting the tree remnants out of the chain link is to remove short sections of fence and splice in new pieces. Some of the trees are 6 - 10 inches in diameter and have blended with the fence along the entire 5 foot height.
I don't have much experience with installing or splicing chain link, I was hoping to get some pointers on the best way to proceed.

Best way to proceed is just leave it. In a few years the wood will rot and you can just pull it out.
Otherwise:
https://www.familyhandyman.com/garden-structures/fences/how-to-repair-a-chain-link-fence/view-all/
--
Dan Espen

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 10:40:33 AM UTC-8, Dan Espen wrote:

Not an option that works in this situation.

Your above link pertains to repairing the top, horizontal bar of a chain link fence, not the splicing of the fence fabric.
Thanks for trying.

Thought I saw it go on to discuss weaving in replacement links. Nope, sorry.
Try this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
RV3YGuJ6o
I've seen it done on TOH.
--
Dan Espen

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 06:06:50 -0800 (PST), Brian Wraith

This instructional video from Lowe's about the installation of chain link fence, is really well done and should give you what you need to know about splicing your chain link.
You are basically going to need a come-along, something to cut the bottom tension wire hog rings (not the wire), a couple of tension bands, a spreader bar, some new hog rings, some new fence fabric and fence ties.
I learned a couple of things in this video about the installation, I have never just poured dry concrete into a hole and added water, I have always mixed it first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODH_Xj3RrGQ

--

The problem is Donald Trump. The solution is impeachment or, the otherwise legal
removal, from office, of the greatest threat to peace the world has ever known.
On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 8:40:04 AM UTC-8, Stormin' Norman wrote:

e been allowed to grow and have blended with the chain link.

in link. The only practical way of getting the tree remnants out of the ch ain link is to remove short sections of fence and splice in new pieces. So me of the trees are 6 - 10 inches in diameter and have blended with the fen ce along the entire 5 foot height.

as hoping to get some pointers on the best way to proceed.

That was exactly what I needed! Thank you very much Norman!
Brian Wraith posted for all of us...

You just lost any help you were going to get.
--
Tekkie