Repair Underground PE Split

we have what I think is PE tubing running from the house to a spring several hundred yards up a hill. The pipe is black and buried down around 3 feet deep and has a diameter of .830". It has recently developed a split on the top side of the pipe and I was curious if anyone knew of a way to repair this without cutting the pipe? Shutting down the water at the spring would be a major undertaking so if there was a way to put something over it and maybe clamp it up with stainless hose clamps then that would be preferred to cutting it and using something like the barbed couplers.
Any ideas? I appreciate any insight ...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.