repair kitchenaid stand mixer model k5ss

I have a kitchenaid stand mixer model k5ss that works to a certain extent. I took it apart but I can't get a motor. Can you how i can get a motor? I was able to remove back there is one piece that I noticed that possibly came apart because when i touch them together the mixer will run but makes noise like inside the motor are not working properly. I did contact kitchenaid They told me that the circuit board controls the high speed control & a wire that connects to the handle to adjust speed.The wired is connected to speed adjustment but in the back of the stand mixer i have to actually move the parts inside(where motor is) to get the noise to quiet down. I think it maybe the brushes? How do i get at the motor? I don't see any screws except a a gap between to parts. Do i have to take the motor out from the back? Before this it was working fine except you had to push the back cover where the motor is to adjust it so it would run period. Presently I can run the mixer but the gears are making noises like the brushes or what ever aren't lined up or what ever. . Also i can't get it into high speed. There is one piece in the back that came apart i think because when i touch it the mixer will work except for grinding noises & no high speed. Can you please tell me how to get at motor & possibly repair it? I have everything off except for being able to get at motor which can be seen but can't pry 2 pieces apart.The Kitchenaaid mixer is about 15 years old . Is it worth getting repaired? Something where the motor lies isn't correct. I'm being blamed because i tried to fix it. The mixer was working but in the back you had to push on back cover to initiate it to work . greatly appreciate help. Thanks

Reply to
Jerry Krenitsky

Look in the phone book for a shop that does small appliance repair. They will be happy to fix your basket case. It might be cheaper to buy a new one.

My advice: If you don't know what you are doing, don't do it.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

What *part* of the motor? It doesn't look like it was ever available as a complete assemply.

You can see an exploded view of your model at the following link. It looks like most of the motor components are still available.

JFYI

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~