removing *this* wallpaper is *difficult*! (other was easy) Hints?

Bravo-

Have your DW help you remove the wallpaper next time. Her appetite for boarders will most likely be diminished.

Or, how about asking her if a stencil border wouldn't look better?

I'm in the middle of the worst wallpaper removal job I've ever come across & (as usual) I'm glad I don't have a gun... I believe wallpaper in kitchens is pure evil.

Reply to
montana

I'm in the process of removing 3 old layers of wallpaper from horse hair plaster walls. First I would say that I finally bought a cheap wagner steamer from Lowes and it's working great. The walls are in great condition considering the age of the house of 60 years. I'm impressed with the "hardness" of the existing plaster. I wouldn't consider painting over the wallpaper unless I was a worthless homeowner who planned on cheating the next owner. Sorry for the comment but I have ran into those types Just my 2 cents which can be worth a dollar or just 1/2 cent.

Reply to
Liesa

To make clear: only when diluted, with water, did it NOT work.

It did work, wonderfully (as compared to almost impossible, that is) "straight".

David

Reply to
David Combs