Removing Rust Around the Drain in the Tub

Hello All,

I have rust stains around the drain in the tub. I was wondering if anyone can advise what gets the rust out of the tub. The rust is just around the drain but I can see the porcelain (i'm assuming that's what the tub is made of) looks like it's chipped all around. I purchased Naval Jelly rust remover but before using it wanted to see if anyone else had any luck with this product.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Katie.

Reply to
kavlainc

long term if the porcelin is worn the rust will reappear.

probably best to remove the drains chrome top piece and decide if its rusting or the tub is.

would replace tub but you might get by with a bathfitter insert or refinishing

sorry to give you bad news........

Reply to
hallerb

Get you a kit for porcelain tub repair.