Removing laptop heat spot on wooden countertop?

I have been putting a laptop on a wooden desk countertop in the kitchen. Now there is some heat spots (milky looking) under the laptop. What is a good way to take the spots out without having to redo the whole surface? I'm not sure what the finish is, but it is a glossy one.

Reply to
Bruce

Best to just put a big desk pad on the countertop and don't fret over the finish. Most experts would likely suggest a total refinish, as spot refinishing after heat and water damage is nearly impossible. If it were mine I'd park a new iMac over the bad spot and put the laptop on a trivet. YMMV.

Joe

Reply to
Joe