Removing dishwasher drain hose from waste tail pipe under kitchen sink

Hi:

I need to replace and reconfigure the pipes under the kitchen sink, but I am unable to remove the dishwasher drain hose from the waste tail. The pipe is metal, and I want to replace with PVC. I removed the clamp around the hose, but the hose is firmly attached to the metal pipe and no amount of pulling or twisting will budge it. How do I remove it? Wd-40? I read that WD-40 will damage polycarbonate, which is PVC, a material I plan on replacing the metal pipe with. Use a hacksaw to cut off the end of the hose? But will the stress of cutting degrade the integrity of the hose.

THanks

Reply to
GNC

Hi, Hacksaw?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Oh I finally pulled off the hose, but unfortunatelt the end is now tattered and split. Do I need to replace the entire hose or can I cut off the damaged part of the end, and with what type of tool?

Reply to
GNC

first, try twisting it. If that doesn't work, just cut it. you can either just cut off a short section and reconnect, or if there isn't enough slack to leave a proper loop after cutting, get some new hose and replace it. Generally the part connected to the tail is separate from the main hose going to the dishwasher so you're just replacing a short section of hose. Also for some reason unknown to me, the diameter of the fitting in the tail is different from the diameter of most dishwasher hoses, so this short adapter hose is special, but your local plumbing supply will know exactly what you're talking about if you describe it to them. Use stainless hose clamps.

good luck

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

If the hose is in decent condition, just cut the bad end off. If it is hard and brittle, replace the hose. There are cutters made for PVC and similar material, but a garden pruner will probably work as well, or a utility knife.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks guys for the information. What is a "proper loop" ?

I had to pull out more of the hose that leads to the dishwasher...I am hoping I didn't accidentally disconnect anything. Originally, the Waste tail was pretty low, near the trap which was installed backwards and thus leaky. And with the new configuration, the waste tail is near the strainer basket. Thus I needed more length.

Reply to
GNC